One of the most important steps in the developmental process of your pet is spaying and neutering. We highly recommend these procedures here for a few reasons:
- Less risk for mammory tumors
- No risk of ovarian or uterian cancer
- No risk for pyometra, which is a major infection of the uterus
- No heat cycle
- No risk for testicular tumors
- Less risk of prostate diseases
- Less chance for aggression, mounting, urine marking - all together improved behavior
- We recommend spaying and neutering between the ages of 6 to 9 months. Larger breed dogs, we recommend waiting until between 9 and 12 months.
- An appointment is required.
- Surgery days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Drop off time is between 8:00 am and 8:30 am.
- Please allow 15 minutes to discuss surgical paperwork with a technician.