In House Laboratory and Pharmacy
We offer in house laboratory testing. The advantage of this service is the decrease in diagnostic time for most common ailments. This means a quicker diagnosis for your pet problems. We also provide Heartworm testing, Tick borne disease testing, Prescription Medications, Feline Leukemia and Feline Retrovirus testing. In addition to our in-house lab we have access to a full service outside laboratory for various specialty tests.
Help Us Keep Your Pet Safe!
Why it’s important to monitor the safety of medication.
- It helps us prescribe the proper medication.
- We can catch adverse reactions sooner.
- It may help us unmask hidden diseases.
- We can establish a baseline picture of your pet’s health.
- It can help us keep an eye on your pet’s pre=existing conditions.
Prescription drugs recommended for monitoring.
- NSAIDS-deramaxx, etogesic, metacam, novox, previcox, rimadry, zubrin
- Digoxin- cardoxin
- Enacard- vasotec, enalapril
- Furosemide- lasix, salix
- Antihistamines- dihenhydramine, hydroxyzine
- Corticosteroids- prednisone, prednisolone, methylprednisone
- Diethystilbesttol- proin
- Potassium Bromide
- Soloxine- levothyroxine
- Apazole- methimazole